188. Good Boundaries and Goodbyes (with Lysa TerKeurst)
Powered by RedCircle
Today’s guest on The Crystal Paine Show is someone who has been on the show before and you all loved that episode. So when the opportunity came up to have her back on the show one more time, I jumped on it, especially when I saw the title of her new book, Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are!
In this episode, Lysa TerKeurst discusses where she gets her ideas for her books, primarily her struggles and what they show her she needs to improve and work on. She also elaborates on what the word boundaries means to her and how she has learned what boundaries are from the Bible, the difference between being selfish and demonstrating self-control, how boundaries help prevent unpleasant extremes and what to do if those extremes take place anyway, and so much more.
I am so appreciative of Lysa for her friendship, for being on the show, and for having written this new book. If you are someone who struggles with setting boundaries with people and/or feel like you’re being selfish if and when you do, then I strongly recommend that you pick up a copy!
In This Episode
[00:35] – I am so honored to have a repeat guest today, Lysa TerKeurst!
[03:45] – What does the word “boundaries” mean to Lysa?
[06:28] – Lysa shares how to implement responsibility.
[07:56] – How does Lysa determine someone’s responsibility level?
[10:48] – Lysa explains what can happen as a result of no boundaries.
[13:41] – How do we set boundaries while still serving and helping others?
[14:34] – Lysa points out the difference between selfishness and self-control.
[18:00] – How do we set boundaries without walking away from people we love?
[20:15] – What do boundaries look like if we live with the person?
[22:52] – What if you set a boundary with someone and they respond negatively?
[25:27] – Lysa explains how trying to control someone leads to us feeling trapped.
[30:43] – Lysa’s insight applies to all of the relationships in our lives.
Links & Resources
- Links & Resources
- The Crystal Paine Show: 103. Forgiving What You Can’t Forget (with Lysa TerKeurst)
- Good Boundaries and Goodbyes: Loving Others Without Losing the Best of Who You Are by Lysa TerKeurst
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com