Powered by RedCircle
Today’s guest is Jodi Mockabee, author of the book The Whole and Healthy Family: Helping Your Kids Thrive in Mind, Body, and Spirit! I appreciate how Jodi addresses things holistically and has a lot of wisdom and experience to bring to the table.
Jodi is the mother of five children ranging from the age of ten to sixteen, and she bases the book on all of that experience that she had, capturing parenting methods that have worked for her as well as ones that haven’t worked so well.
She discusses her childhood and how it impacted her family life now, how to let go as a mom and let your kids be as independent as possible, how to be minimalist and efficient even if you have people in your family who like to hold onto things, what it means for parenting to go through different seasons, the importance of accountability, and so more!
In This Episode
[00:35] – I introduce today’s guest, Jodi Mockabee!
[03:15] – What was Jodi’s childhood like, and how did it impact her family lifestyle now?
[05:26] – Jodi shares about teaching your kids to be independent.
[09:15] – How Jodi approaches parenting a child who is on the spectrum.
[11:32] – I ask Jodi about some of her methods for simplifying.
[14:29] – How to strive for efficiency while also addressing children’s needs.
[17:15] – Jodi addresses how to be minimalist with family members who want to keep things.
[26:24] – What accountability looks like in their home.
[29:56] – Jodi offers helpful advice to young moms.
Links & Resources
- Links & Resources
- The Whole and Healthy Family: Helping Your Kids Thrive in Mind, Body, and Spirit by Jodi Mockabee
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com