Powered by RedCircle
If there was one question we are asked to answer the most often, it’s likely, something along the lines of, “How do you prioritize your marriage when you have kids?”
In this week’s podcast episode, we share some of our best suggestions to make time for romance when you have kids. We share things we have learned, what works for us, and how we’ve improved our communication over the years.
We also talk about some exercise-related things that are saving our lives, what we are currently reading, conspiracy theories, and how I applied something from a book I’m reading to a hard conversation recently.
In This Episode
[00:34] – Welcome to another episode of The Crystal Paine Show.
[02:00] – Jesse tells us what is saving his life and explains some of the exercises.
[05:50] – The mystery is solved as to why the treadmill has been moved in some odd way.
[06:50] – The weather has been really nice and I have been itching to be outside.
[07:55] – I share an update on what I am reading.
[09:35] – I received an upset message on instagram from a follower and I shared my honest response.
[11:30] – I think so often that people just want to be heard.
[12:20] – Jesse has an update on a book that he has been listening to.
[15:39] – Let’s talk about for romance when you have kids.
[16:25] – The number one key to making time for romance is prioritizing it.
[17:04] – One of the greatest gifts we can give our kids is a strong marriage.
[18:45] – Be intentional; you can’t just assume it will happen without effort and thought.
[21:22] – Getting creative with the time and schedule you have.
[24:15] – The glue that holds our marriage together is laughter.
[26:22] – We love to exercise PDA in front of our kids.
[27:20] – We talk a lot. Or maybe Jesse listens and I talk!
[30:25] – Learning to communicate about communication has been helpful.
[32:27] – Having things that we do just the two of us has been really special.
Links & Resources
- Come Sit With Me: How to Delight in Differences, Love Through Disagreements, and Live with Discomfort edited by Becky Keife
- Unoffendable by Brant Hansen
- The First Conspiracy by Brad Meltzer
- Special Mentions
- A Love Languages Quiz
Knees Over Toes
- Libby/Overdrive, free public library app
- Other Links
- Love-Centered Parenting
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com