Over the past few months, we’ve gotten lots of questions about this very unexpected and surprise pregnancy. So we decided to devote a podcast episode specifically to answering these questions.
We had so much fun answering them — and talking about the books we’re reading and two things that are saving our lives right now. In this episode, we share:
- A body wash I’m loving
- How Jesse finally came to the dark side and joined me in loving joggers
- Books we’re reading and loving right now
- Our thoughts on the big age gap between Silas and this baby (11 years)
- How having older kids has changed our perspective on this pregnancy
- Why we’re going to an OB instead of a midwife this time
- What medication I took to help my nausea
- Differences in this pregnancy versus my other pregnancies
- What I’m doing differently this time around — especially when it comes to postpartum
- Little snippets of the birth stories of our other three kids.
- And a lot more!
In This Episode:
[03:06] Aromatherapy Sleep body wash is saving my life this week.
[05:29] Jesse’s finally realized why I love joggers so much!
[07:57] My passionate thoughts about The Whole-Brain Child.
[12:47] The pregnancy apps I’ve been using
[15:33] Our thoughts on the age gap between the older three kids and the new baby.
[20:09] Why you should give yourself grace around the fatigue that being pregnant brings.
[21:20] Hear my advice for dealing with anxiety while pregnant.
[23:19] Jesse shares his advice on how men can support women through the course of pregnancy.
[25:11] There have been a lot of firsts with this pregnancy, like taking medications and having an OB instead of a midwife.
[28:28] Listen as I share the stories of the kids’ births and how they’ve affected my outlook with this birth.
Links and Resources:
- Bath & Bodyworks Aromatherapy Sleep body wash
- Men’s Joggers
- Hunter Killer by Kevin Maurer and Kevin McCurley
- E-Myth Real Estate Investor by Michael E. Gerber
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- What to Expect App
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: email@example.com
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.