Powered by RedCircle
Do you struggle with kids who get easily irritated or have angry outbursts? If so, you don’t want to miss this episode of The Crystal Paine Show where I interview David Thomas, therapist, dad of three, and author of Raising Emotionally Strong Boys: Tools Your Son Can Build On for Life.
In this episode, he shares some of the biggest struggles boys are dealing with right now and how we can best walk with them through these. He gives so much practical advice and strategies you can start using immediately. I have mulled over this episode again and again after we recorded it and have changed how I approach a number of interactions with my kids as a result. This 30-minute episode is packed with inspiration, encouragement, and hands-on tools for all parent — or anyone who interacts with kids!
In This Episode
[00:34] – Welcome to another episode of The Crystal Paine Show.
[03:15] – David shares how he got started as a therapist and what led him down that path.
[05:34] – Since you’ve been doing this for a long time, have you seen a shift in what parents are struggling with and what teens are struggling with?
[06:38] – Do you feel there is a reason for that? What’s at the root of that?
[13:09] – What does it mean to be emotionally strong?
[20:09] – How do we, as parents, set an example for our kids when we’re feeling so frustrated?
[23:46] – Moms often feel like, “If I admit to my child that I don’t have it all figured out, I’m somehow failing them.”
[27:42] – I would love for you to speak to that mom right now. She is feeling like it’s too much, it’s too overwhelming. She feels she doesn’t have what it takes. She doesn’t know what to do with her child.
[31:36] – There are so many tools in this book, not just tools for your son, tools for you as well.
Links & Resources
- Raising Emotionally Strong Boys by David Thomas
- Strong and Smart: A Boy’s Guide to Building Healthy Emotions by David Thomas
- Raising Worry-Free Girls: Helping Your Daughter Feel Braver, Stronger, and Smarter in an Anxious World by Sissy Goff
- Special Mentions
- Raising Boys and Girls
- Other Resources
- 10 Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: crystal @ moneysavingmom.com