Since we all have been home pretty much 24/7 recently self-isolating, we thought it would be fun to do a laid-back family episode for the podcast week. I asked on Instagram what questions you’d love for us to discuss as a family, and you all submitted such great ideas.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Our individual pet peeves (and Jesse schools us on the origin of “pet peeve”)
- How the kids feel about fostering
- One tradition the kids loved from when they were younger (their answer totally surprised me!)
- A few favorite family activities while social distancing + favorite board games & a snack we all love
- Whether the kids think they’d like to be homeschooled again
- Some of the kids’ favorite books
- Sibling rivalry — what our kids argue over the most & how they resolve conflict
- Our thoughts and feelings as we look forward to having two newborns soon
- Where we’d like to travel to once it’s safe to travel again — my answer got a little deep and serious (I hadn’t prepped what I was going to say, so it kind of surprised me!)
Pull up a chair and enjoy a sitting in and listening on a very typical dinnertime conversation at our house (well, except I don’t usually come with a long list of questions!)
In This Episode:
[01:24] We share our individual pet peeves.
[04:43] How do the kids feel about fostering?
[06:00] What traditions do the kids remember from when they were little?
[10:45] Would the kids ever want to be homeschooled again?
[13:47] The kids share the books that they love.
[15:30] Sibling rivalry and how they work through disagreements.
[19:06] Our thoughts and feelings on having two newborns at our house soon.
[25:38] Where do we want to go once it’s safe to travel again?
Links and Resources:
- Homemade Oobleck
- Dutch Blitz
- Phase 10
- Homemade Puppy Chow
- Episode 37. Why We Stopped Homeschooling (an interview with our kids)
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler
- I Survived Series by Lauren Tarshis
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: [email protected]
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.